Receive New Job Alerts
Gymshark is a fitness apparel & accessories brand, manufacturer and online retailer based in the United Kingdom, supported by millions of highly engaged social media followers and customers in 131 countries.
Created in 2012 by teenager Ben Francis and a group of his high-school friends. Gymshark has grown from a screen printing operation in a garage, into one of the fastest growing and most recognisable brands in fitness. This growth comes from a devotion to producing innovative, effective performance wear and an ever-expanding social presence, and above all a commitment to the Gymshark vision:
Before there is an action, there is an idea.
We exist to create the tools that help people unlock their full, incredible potential and put their ideas into action.
Be all that you imagined you could be. Be a visionary.
We’re here to unite the conditioning community. We believe that putting the sweat in today, prepares us for tomorrow. So, we give people the tools they need to reach further, go faster, be stronger. We celebrate those who show up – for themselves – to be their physical or mental best, whatever that means for them. It’s what we want for our community, and our team. A team that’s growing rapidly around the world. A collective of talented individuals working together to invent Gymshark’s future. Our plans are ambitious, and we’re looking for people who want to join us for the ride – our growth will be your growth.
Are you our next Senior Merchandiser?
In joining Gymshark you will be a key member of the Merchandising team; whose responsibility is to help deliver commercial success for Gymshark through accurate merchandise planning thereby maximising sales whilst avoiding excess inventory.
Merchandising work closely with our Product Marketing team – whose responsibility is to define our product strategy and deliver seasonal ranges; the merchandising team are responsible for creating regional merchandise forecasts for these ranges. Responsibilities start with initial pre-season strategising, then into forecasting and all the way through to management of in-season sell through performance. Merchandise plans are built around the multiple distribution centres Gymshark operates out of globally. You will play a pivotal role in helping build such forecasts, overseeing in-season category performance, making necessary adjustments to maximise commercial potential within an assigned regional category.
- Working within a team (consisting of Merchandisers, Senior Merchandisers and a Merchandising Manager); together - formulate regional sales forecasts for future seasons through several stages, this is to be done at product-colour level, with regional size curves applied. This will be done using past sales data and future trend predictions, combined with a solid understanding of sports apparel and will need to align with the regional sales budgets provided.
- You will be assigned to a region & product category along with a team of merchandisers. You will be responsible for keeping on top of weekly performance and forecast, identifying trading opportunities and gaps, you will work with merchandisers to propose and agree actions based on WSSI/line-flow performance, always optimising category inventory investments.
- You will be involved in defining your regional category commercial targets and will be expected to operate confidently in monitoring the performance, making regular adjustments to plans and ultimately delivering category success.
- You will be responsible for delivering the pre-season forecast and intake plan for your assigned product categories, working with your merchandisers to build it with the highest degree of accuracy possible.
- Feed sales forecasts into the Head of Merchandising via your Manager, who in turn will feedback and sign of each forecast, from there the team will be responsible for planning the intake of seasonal inventory together with the sourcing team to ensure availability but also production balance.
- You’ll monitor in-season sales performance on both seasonal and core products with the use of sales reports, line-flow and WSSI tools.
- Drive weekly sales reviews and present information and any actions where necessary.
- Measure forecast accuracies and use learnings to improve future predictions.
- Build the necessary cross-functional relationships needed to be able to act swiftly and effectively when changes to plans are required.
- Periodically analyse and set regional size curves.
- Build close relationships with Procurement, Sourcing and Logistics teams to deliver inventory availability at all times. Oversee air freight proposals required to maintain category availability and raise these through manager and head of level for sign off.
- Operational confidence in keeping on top of sales performance, proposing actions and following through to completion in a fast-paced business.
- Able to motivate a team of merchandisers, prioritising their workload and upskilling them in the process.
- You’ll have the experience to build and maintain reports needed to perform the role – including WSSI, line-flows, weekly sales report.
- Easily able to deal with large excel spreadsheets, summarising and pulling out the key takeaways and recommendations.
- Ability to adapt to new and changing reporting tools quickly, all with the view to improve forecasting accuracy and efficiency.
- Very strong numerically, analytical and commercially minded
- Be naturally time conscious and KPI driven to attain deadlines.
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrable previous experience within merchandising-based role(s)
- Have experience working in a business that has experienced rapid growth
- A similar industry background; either sports/fashion apparel or E-Commerce
- Experience using different forecasting tools & software to drive business decisions
- Retail planning experience
- Opportunity to work on high traffic, high performing e-commerce systems
- Competitive 'Win Together, Lose Together' Bonus
- Full private medical insurance with no excess
- 25 days holidays + your birthday and all the Bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want.
- A truly flexible working culture
- A collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment
- Employer pension contributions up to 7%
- Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
- 50% Gymshark Discount
- Gymshark Gift Card for each year of service
- Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
- Great training and learning resources & 10% time for personal development
- Choice of hardware and access to the best software
- Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
- Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
GS Campus Perks:
- Refuel - Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
- Free Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership for yourself and two friends/family
- Free monthly massages
- Beauty and Barber facilities
- Free on-site parking