Receive New Job Alerts
Gymshark is a fitness apparel & accessories brand, manufacturer and online retailer based in the United Kingdom, supported by millions of highly engaged social media followers and customers in 131 countries.
Created in 2012 by teenager Ben Francis and a group of his high-school friends. Gymshark has grown from a screen printing operation in a garage, into one of the fastest growing and most recognisable brands in fitness. This growth comes from a devotion to producing innovative, effective performance wear and an ever-expanding social presence, and above all a commitment to the Gymshark vision:
Before there is an action, there is an idea.
We exist to create the tools that help people unlock their full, incredible potential and put their ideas into action.
Be all that you imagined you could be. Be a visionary.
This is a new function for the business; you will be an integral part of the Supply Chain function, the Procurement Manager will build and lead a lean and agile team to define and establish an ecosystem of relationships within GSHK, GSMU and GSHQ to deliver maximum value to the business.
You’ll provide leadership and direction to your team; you will recruit, develop, coach your team to create a professional, pro-active and value-adding procurement function. Your team will be responsible for issuing purchase contracts to suppliers, managing the critical path, production until handing over to the Logistics team. You will be a Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (“MCIPS”) with significant experience in a supply chain position, in an engineering manufacturing environment, at managerial level. An understanding of the supply chain role in the overall business model and how to create value within the business. Experience introducing a supply chain software such as SAP or Setlog is highly desirable.
- Adhere to the timelines agreed in the Product Creation Calendar (PCC) with regards to procurement contracts
- Be aware of all New Product launch dates; manage and monitor the performance. Any deviation should have adequate counter measures adopted to correct the delivery
- Work closely with Commercial team on quantity and DC allocation. Promotes Procurement both Internally and externally from a position of “What does good look like”
- Align with Head of Sourcing and Procurement on vendor allocation; factoring in all preferential trade agreements and, product complexity and agility to market
- As a new function within GS, the day to day management of the Procurement team will be vital in prioritising tasks. Developing and mentoring teams will be a key part of your journey. Your team will own the critical path and ensure all contributors are meeting milestones. You will create and implement robust and forward-looking global procurement programmes and tenders, based on the business needs. Procurement key performance indicators and metrics
- Understand if suppliers fulfil your requirements & track your level of dependency towards your suppliers
- Control the internal costs incurred by each purchase & streamline the tangible costs savings
- Driving and directing critical activities with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery of goods and holding weekly meetings with GSHK and GSMU to monitor progress
- Developing solutions to non-standard issues. Identify and respond appropriately to levels of risk involved in the company
- Continuously monitor the Margin, Planned vs Actual factoring in any additional rebuys throughout the season
- Each season before strategy build, you will conduct a post-mortem of the previous year’s strategy to measure against what you had planned and what you delivered. Adopt any learnings into the future build
- Responsible to deliver against the Product Creation Calendar & to call out any unrealistic expectations
- Identify the impact on the margin of any additional tariffs
- Be aware of the changing landscape and the impact on the weighted margin for each shipping location
- Work closely with the Global Materials GM for booking of raw materials
- You will create annual budgets and resource requirements to support your strategies
- Gathers accurate data to make informed decisions and delivers accurate reporting and consistent judgement
- Set the vision for your team, and ensure clarity of objectives, drive feedback and coaching culture to enhance and drive the inclusion and performance of your team
- Build strong relationships with the GSHK & GSMU offices, hold them accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Travel will be a part of the role
- Direct procurement sourcing experience, able to work across a diverse product range ideally from a manufacturing environment
- Team management and development experience would be is preferred
- As a demanding organisation, you will be interacting with senior and direct stakeholders, therefore the ability to influence, motivate and negotiate at senior levels is highly important
- Degree level education or equivalent / MCIPS (Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply)is essential
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate and lead others in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the organisation
- Proven track record of developing long-term capabilities in others and across a global organisation, having found enjoyment developing best-in-industry teams and sharing talent across the organisation
We receive loads of applications for roles here at Gymshark. It’s a great problem to have, but it does mean it can take us a little longer to try and give every application the attention it deserves.
Rest assured, we read and respond to every application. After we’ve taken a look at your skills and experience on your application, there’s a number of things that could happen next:
We’ll let you know as soon as possible if it’s not meant to be this time.
If it’s looking promising, we’ll be in touch with an email and a short phone call and understand what sits behind the CV!
If it’s looking really promising, we’ll aim to put some faces to some names and arrange a first interview.
And then if it’s looking really, really promising, we’ll be inviting you in for a second interview and usually a project to assess your skills and capabilities!
Thanks and appreciate you understanding!