Receive New Job Alerts
Gymshark is a fitness apparel & accessories brand, manufacturer and online retailer based in the United Kingdom, supported by millions of highly engaged social media followers and customers in 131 countries.
Created in 2012 by teenager Ben Francis and a group of his high-school friends. Gymshark has grown from a screen printing operation in a garage, into one of the fastest growing and most recognisable brands in fitness. This growth comes from a devotion to producing innovative, effective performance wear and an ever-expanding social presence, and above all a commitment to the Gymshark vision:
Before there is an action, there is an idea.
We exist to create the tools that help people unlock their full, incredible potential and put their ideas into action.
Be all that you imagined you could be. Be a visionary.
Gymshark recognises that in order to keep growing, we need to put data and insight at the centre of the decisions we make – ensuring we are truly data led. The Data function underpins this vision by providing the data, analysis, and research to drive and validate our business strategies. The Analytics team sits within the Data function and splits into 3 teams – Customer, Marketing, and Commercial.
The commercial analytics team act as key partners to the commercial, product, and merchandising teams to ensure these teams are using data in their decisions. The customer analytics team ensures that teams around the business have an in-depth understanding of Gymsharks customer behaviour and trends. The marketing analytics team are the bridge between the data function & the media, influencer marketing, and customer experience teams and empower these teams to be truly data led.
The Junior Commercial Analyst role sits in the commercial analytics team and is a crucial role supporting the the trading, merchandising and operations sub-functions within the wider commercial function.
This role will support in the reporting of our commercial performance and identifying trends across a number of key commercial metrics including revenue, conversion, gross margin and stock turn, and assist in utilising data and insights to help drive commercial activity and strategy.
As a junior commercial analyst you will be supporting a variety of ad-hoc requests, reporting and analysis, dashboard building and KPI tracking. The primary tools you will be using on a daily basis to unlock this insight will be SQL, Tableau and Alteryx; but we are always looking for ways to develop our skills and toolkit.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our core commercial data
- Support the Commercial Analytics team in the creation and maintenance of key commercial reports
- Support the development and maintenance of engaging insight dashboards to enable the commercial teams to self-serve in analytics and allow quick access to core KPIs and insight
- Track commercial KPI’s and identify and report on standout movements and trends in conversion, margin, stock turn, and revenue growth vs both the budgeted and forecast numbers.
- Provide actionable recommendations on insights generated from our vast data sets which will help inform & optimize commercial strategy
- With support from the Senior Commercial Analyst, produce and deliver regular (weekly/monthly/quarterly) commercial reports for the use of senior business personnel, identifying new ways of reporting where there is opportunity for further value to be added
- Support deep dive analytics on day to day and larger initiatives and present findings and recommendations to the wider Commercial and Data functions
- Develop strong relationships with all sub-functions within the data function, sharing learnings to maximise the access and value of insights across the business
- Educate key stakeholders within the commercial teams on using the dashboards and reports built and how to utilise the data effectively
- Experience in an analyst role
- Keen attention to detail and highly numerate with an interest in eCommerce
- Ability to identify patterns and trends and also understand what is driving them
- A team player, supporting colleagues in the commercial analytics team as well as the wider business
- Exposure to or experience in using analytical tools/languages, including Alteryx, SQL, Google Analytics, or equivalent
- Exposure to or experience in data visualisation tools including Tableau, PowerBI, or equivalent
- Comfortable working with Excel
- Able to manage your development alongside the Senior Commercial Analyst, identifying opportunities to improve your skillset
- A proactive mindset and willingness to problem-solve
- Experience presenting back findings to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner