Receive New Job Alerts
Gymshark is a fitness apparel & accessories brand, manufacturer and online retailer based in the United Kingdom, supported by millions of highly engaged social media followers and customers in 131 countries.
Created in 2012 by teenager Ben Francis and a group of his high-school friends. Gymshark has grown from a screen printing operation in a garage, into one of the fastest growing and most recognisable brands in fitness. This growth comes from a devotion to producing innovative, effective performance wear and an ever-expanding social presence, and above all a commitment to the Gymshark vision:
Before there is an action, there is an idea.
We exist to create the tools that help people unlock their full, incredible potential and put their ideas into action.
Be all that you imagined you could be. Be a visionary.
We are well on our way to building a high performing data led culture at Gymshark. Data is at the heart of the decisions that are made, and as a Data Steward within our Data team you will play a key part in this exciting journey. The Data team underpins the decision process by providing the data, analysis and research to drive and validate our business strategies.
You will be working closely with colleagues across the business to ensure that the information we use aligns to the purposes in which we’ve specified. You’ll also help to ensure that Data is being processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner, as well as processing customer data requests. You will help to drive data quality and ensure the data that we use is accurate and trusted.
Being an advocate for the importance of compliant data will be key to ensuring robust principles. You will be championing Gymshark data transparency and be the voice of our customers for data, assisting to safeguard Gymsharks global data reputation.
- Assist with assuring quality and trust in our data by creating data related KPIs that support business priorities
- Support the Data and Customer Insight teams by having a quality/compliance lens on our data within systems
- Define our data through definitions to improve consistency of usage and data analysis
- Ensuring that the data we’re using is being used consistently across the business, and that it is fit for purpose, promoting a data minimisation approach where appropriate
- Work with the Data and IT teams to ensure that data quality issues are identified/flagged, with the documentation created and/or updated post review/resolution to mitigate risk
- Fulfil customer deletion and/or subject access requests
- Support the Customer Insight team with general data related tasks
- Maintenance of data documentation that can be used across the business
- You are passionate about data and have an excellent eye for detail
- You are interrogative and technically minded as well as able to follow processes and instructions
- An understanding of GDPR or some relevant working experience in data governance and/or compliance
- Proactive mentality – ability to apply policy, but also pre-empt the next steps, challenges or risks. Ideally highly numerate and commercially aware.
- Well organised and can balance priorities to manage stakeholder expectations
- Ability to identify opportunities for improved data quality and management
- You need to have an analytic mind and a logical approach to solve any data problems presented
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members to deliver immediate tasks
- Experience of working with data quality metrics and/or dashboards (e.g. Tableau, Power BI or equivalent) or within an analytical, mathematical, programming or equivalent role (using tools such as SQL, Alteryx and Google).
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools and programmes
- Awareness of the benefits that data can bring, and play your part in a growing data culture
- Opportunity to work on high traffic, high performing e-commerce systems
- Competitive 'Win Together, Lose Together' Bonus
- Full private medical insurance with no excess
- 25 days holidays + your birthday and all the Bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want.
- A truly flexible working culture (role needs someone to come to HQ at least twice a week but not every day).
- A collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment
- Employer pension contributions up to 7%
- Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
- 50% Gymshark Discount & Gymshark Gift Card for each year of service
- Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
- Great training and learning resources & 10% time for personal development
- Choice of hardware and access to the best software
- Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
- Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
GS Campus Perks:
- Refuel - Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
- Free Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership for yourself and two friends/family
- Free monthly massages
- Beauty and Barber facilities
- Free on-site parking