Receive New Job Alerts
Gymshark is a fitness apparel & accessories brand, manufacturer and online retailer based in the United Kingdom, supported by millions of highly engaged social media followers and customers in 131 countries.
Created in 2012 by teenager Ben Francis and a group of his high-school friends. Gymshark has grown from a screen printing operation in a garage, into one of the fastest growing and most recognisable brands in fitness. This growth comes from a devotion to producing innovative, effective performance wear and an ever-expanding social presence, and above all a commitment to the Gymshark vision:
Before there is an action, there is an idea.
We exist to create the tools that help people unlock their full, incredible potential and put their ideas into action.
Be all that you imagined you could be. Be a visionary.
We’re here to unite the conditioning community. We believe that putting the sweat in today, prepares us for tomorrow. So, we give people the tools they need to reach further, go faster, be stronger. We celebrate those who show up – for themselves – to be their physical or mental best, whatever that means for them. It’s what we want for our community, and our team. A team that’s growing rapidly around the world. A collective of talented individuals working together to invent Gymshark’s future. Our plans are ambitious, and we’re looking for people who want to join us for the ride – our growth will be your growth.
WE HIRE PEOPLE.
Real-life humans, each with their own unique set of thoughts, beliefs, cultures, identities and background and body that is completely individual. Together, all these unique humans make Gymshark stronger.
If you’re reading this, you’re probably applying for or considering applying for a job with us, and we want you to know that Gymshark is an equal opportunity employer. For us, that means we always, and will always, strive to be as inclusive as possible in all aspects of employment and that we do not, and will not, tolerate discrimination of any kind.
Are you our next Creative Lead? You love creativity and are at your happiest when setting overall creative direction as well as working with others to take real human insights and turn them into world-first, disruptive ideas that genuinely move the needle.
You are a hands-on leader who likes to be involved in the entire creative process and always act as the creative champion on all projects. From inspiring and leading a team to consistently create those initial sparks of an idea, right through to producing and launching the final outputs into the real world. You understand how important our community is to us, and would relish translating our brand strategy into inspiring and informative content for them to enjoy. You are a natural ‘doer’ who always aims to inspire all other creatives around them, whilst also being able to work with and articulate yourself clearly to multiple stakeholders across several teams. The successful candidate will have proven industry-leading experience in taking creative briefs, and from them delivering impactful ideas whilst bringing together cross-functional teams to deliver those ideas across multiple touchpoints.
- Acting as the creative champion on all projects. Setting the overall creative concept direction and then inspiring the rest of the team through leading by example.
- Hands-on leader with a strong ability to articulate concise concepts. High attention to detail and can direct the work to ensure it complies with brand standards while also pushing its boundaries and evolving the brand creative direction.
- Developing wider business relationships in conjunction with the campaign team to actively build a strong relationship with all key stakeholders such as department leads or heads of departments from all of the go-to-market functions and wider business. Will work to a defined budget per project set by the department director.
- Setting professional standards for the team and the department. Has an industry-leading creative POV and can provide a rationale to lead the discussions around the creative direction of the brand.
- Leading to consistently inspire creatives to create pioneering concepts that have a cultural impact on our community. Continually develops practices and processes to inspire, innovate and harness new ways of thinking.
- Directing the effort to develop concepts and implementations in a cross-disciplinary manner. Works with other departments in creative, brand, and wider business to establish the strategy and creative approaches for a given project. Works in a hands-on capacity; outlining the insight, developing the concept, and helping work with relevant teams to create a high-quality outcome.
- Setting creative direction and in line with strategic guidance set by the Head of the department throughout the duration of all key projects. Displays a cohesive understanding, and can execute the principles that make innovative and effective campaigns, activations, and all other creative content that can span across all execution touch-points.
- Working with other Leads across the creative department, brand function, and wider business to ensure continuity across all projects.
- Developing the rest of the Creative practice by proactively identifying areas of skill set and output improvement across the team from the junior right through to senior creatives and any specialist team members.
- An industry-leading portfolio that spans idea generation, concept development, campaign, and storytelling with proven examples of high-quality output.
- Industry-leading experience in the creative industry across a plethora of channels; deep expertise in storytelling.
- Industry-leading experience collaborating with motion designers, technologists, live production teams, and vendors to seamlessly execute projects.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, interpersonal, and inter-departmental.
- Thought leadership: a strong point of view; ability to contribute to the strategic development of an assignment; creative ideas and the ability to promote conceptual thinking among the team.
- The ability to inspire a team to create and deliver truly remarkable, influential, and impactful work.
- A solid understanding of media as well as the marketing industry at large; an ability and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape.
- Proof of an ability to execute creative concepts as well as overall leadership for creative direction.
- Ability to establish cross-functional relationships and act as a creative leader for the department.
When normal office working resumes, our expectation would require candidates to attend to travel to GSHQ, Solihull, UK occasionally.
- Competitive 'Win Together, Lose Together' Bonus
- Full private medical insurance with no excess
- 25 days holidays + your birthday and all the bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want.
- A truly flexible working culture
- A collaborative, creative, and inspiring working environment
- Employer pension contributions up to 7%
- Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
- 50% Gymshark Discount & Gymshark Gift Card for each year of service
- Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
- Great training and learning resources & 10% time for personal development
- Choice of hardware and access to the best software
- Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
- Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
GS Campus Perks
- Refuel - Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
- Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership
- Free monthly massages
- Beauty and Barber facilities
- Free on-site parking