Receive New Job Alerts
Ok imagine this. It’s 2003, there is only one style of gym. A one size fits all kinda gym. OK for everyone kinda gym. ‘It's fine I guess’ kinda gym.
When uninspiring becomes normal, there is a problem. There was only one option.
Apple was born in a garage, we were born in a car park in the heart of the West End. We replaced cars, bikes and vans with nightly resident DJs, neon lights and dancers.
We reset the industry.
It was easy to say, there was no other fitness space like this. Exercise blended perfectly with pleasure. You could be anyone you wanted to be. Be any shape you happened to be. It was just pure freedom to play and train in a way never seen before. It was simply just, serious fun.
Now, 2019. We are home to the most unique and diverse classes in London. Olympic sized boxing rings, combat cages, world-class free weights sections, live DJs and larger-than-life personal trainers.
Join us, and see for yourself - the last thing we will ever be is boring.
Whether you’re a training nut, regular raver, lively Londoner, or just have a cheeky rebellious streak… you’ll already know all about GYMBOX. And if you don’t? You’re in for one sweaty ride. Eleven locations-strong and a brand new digital fitness platform, we’re not your run-of-the-treadmill gym. We’re the ones who brought the craziest classes, best gear, sexiest clubs, and most challenging workouts to the capital. So, imagine what we could do for your work life…
In a nutshell
You’re creative, passionate, and have campaign management experience across multiple media for recognised brands. You’ll get exposure to all elements of marketing and will project manage our agencies (branding, digital, social, PPC, media) as well being responsible for producing and delivering all marketing assets. You’ll love coming up with ideas, enjoy writing engaging copy and seeing them through to execution. You thrive in fast paced environments and will be happy to juggle multiple projects. You will plan and execute all elements of marketing and will own all member comms incl. social media, online and printed campaigns, PR, newsletters & events.
This is a hugely varied role and while CVs are great and you may have some or all of the experience needed, what we’re really looking for is someone ambitious, who prides themselves on juggling multiple projects and has a great attitude.
Brand Development & Awareness
- Manage and develop all brand communications for Gymbox and Out the Box; club signage, digital content, online, written and visual as per brand guidelines
- Production and delivery of all marketing assets and collateral including leaflets, a-frames, outdoor, in-club, ad hoc
- Create and implement company content strategy
- Proofread marketing copy for both online and print campaigns
- Work closely with external creative agencies to design marketing materials
- Source and secure on brand partnerships
- Communicate with target audiences and build and develop customer relationships
- Help to plan and execute campaigns for new gym openings
- Responsible for the curation of all social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin)
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- Paid ads – content development, agency management, weekly and monthly analysis and reporting
- Plan content and delivery using tools like Hootsuite to manage the channels
- Copy writing for all social channels
- Develop a social media strategy and set goals to increase brand awareness and increase engagement
- Management of CMS for website and app
- Web and app agency management
- Plan engaging weekly blog posts and brief in to freelance bloggers
- Monitor and evaluate PPC/SEO data spend to keep within monthly budget
- Communication with and management of PPC agency to ensure maximum value for spend
- Plan and manage PPC (paid search) activity across to hit sales and ROI targets for this key channel
- Manage agency to optimise channel structure, keywords and audience lists
- Develop, execute and test audience tactics in order to optimise campaign performance
- Manage bids and budgets to maximise return of investment
- Plan, produce and schedule email campaigns/newsletters in conjunction with content calendar and offers
- Produce ad hoc communications for in-club works
- Produce content for emails via Send in Blue
- Brief in content to copywriter
- Producing marketing a sales plan for the selling of event tickets to member parties
- Designing and briefing in to external designers the marketing material for all parties and ad hoc events, ensuring all promotional materials are given to clubs
- In-club events, on brand ideas to be thought up and organised to create in club experiences for members. Support with the organisation of events and produce all marketing material, digital and print
In club content
- Plan and manage in-club digital content – digital screens as well as cardiovascular equipment
- Work with marketing, product and studio team to upload all content in a timely manner
- Monitor and manage company reviews across a range of review sites such as Google, Trustpilot, Tripadvisor
- Develop and manage PR activity to ensure Gymbox is represented across a wide range of both printed and digital publications
- Manage the process whereby Press come into contact with Gymbox to ensure a smooth experience
- 2 -3 years’ experience working in marketing role either in-house or agency side, for a recognised brand
- You are creative and have a keen eye for design and love coming up with ideas
- Experience of growing a social media presence with limited resources
- You are an avid user of social media and are always exploring new platforms and looking at new ways to engage with audiences
- Experience across different marketing touchpoints (PPC, SEO, E-mail, Display, PR) would be a bonus but not essential as we can train you up
- A can do attitude and driven approach to your work
- We love copy so strong written and verbal communication skills is a must
- Strong project management skills and ability to multitask. You will be managing lots of different projects and deadlines at the same time
- Knowledge of InDesign or Photoshop a bonus
- Lots of energy, enthusiasm and entrepreneurship
But enough about what we want, how about you? Well as well as giving you sweaty DJ-sound tracked haven a million miles from a crushing 9-5, you’ll enjoy:
- Basic salary of between £27,000 - £30,000
- Chance to climb the ladder in a fast-growing (and proper fun) company
- Access to education, company-funded skills development and in-house training
- Discounts and perks platform membership, loyalty holiday scheme & your birthday off!
- Staff & member parties
- Access to a Cycle to Work loan scheme after 1 year
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Free linked membership at to best Gyms in London and a +1 after six months