Receive New Job Alerts
Ever since graze began, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of snacking, looking for bigger and better ways to graze. In the early days we sent fresh fruit through the post; something that had never been done before! Now, we reimagine snacking for grazers all across the country. We listen to you and use the best ingredients we can get our hands on, to create delicious snacks you can feel great about.
A senior commercial finance role where you will be at the heart of the UK Retail Business.
You will help set the financial targets for the UK Retail team and support the Managing Director UK Retail in driving the strategy and performance management.
- Run the weekly and monthly forecasting cycles in the UK Retail business, communicating milestones and actions required from the wider team
- Facilitate relevant meetings, driving agendas and clear actions
- Provide accurate and timely financial reporting to the business, including P&L, Gross Sales Value to Turnover, customer profitability and trade / marketing spend
- Work with key business partners to review, challenge and understand monthly P&L performance, including variances to budget forecasts and prior year
- Identify and propose alternative strategies to drive performance within UK Retail
- Responsible for governance structures within UK Retail business e.g., JBP sign-off, new business opportunities, assessing the impact on P&L and recommending how best to proceed
- Work with core finance on month end close process, ensuring that outputs are accurate. Prepare and lead retail revenue sign-off meeting each month.
- Become a super user of graze forecasting system supporting the commercial team with inputs, outputs and analysis
- hopefully you've had some great learnings in a similar role, ideally in FMCG
- ability to drive performance improvements in a relevant category
- Ideally you'll have an Accountancy qualification e.g., ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Ability to apply relevant accounting rules e.g. revenue recognition and trade accruals
what we’ll expect in your first 6 months...
- Build strong relationship with key stakeholders from the top down
- Take full ownership for the weekly and monthly financial cycle and business processes
- Become the go to person for advice and support on the finances of the UK Retail business and the systems and processes that support it
- Become a key driver of UK Retail performance through the delivery of key analysis, insight and action
- This is an opportunity for you to be part of a core function supporting one of the largest revenue areas at a very exciting time in graze’s trajectory.
- Imagine being part of a company that always looks for growth areas in retail & online
- You’ll pick up new skills and experiences, broadening your knowledge and capabilities to push you to the next level.
- We encourage active learning with learning lunches, networking events or more formal qualifications
- There’s some seriously smart, agile, informed, helpful, modest, funny and dedicated people in the business!
- You’d be part of a culture that revolves around us doing a great job by being helpful, open, inclusive, pioneering, commercially aware, persistent and honest.
- Post COVID we hope to return to tons of other activities including yoga, HIIT classes, touch rugby, team breakfasts, bi-weekly massages and we also have paid volunteering and health days each year.
- Great team socials (again, as soon as COVID lockdown measures are relaxed!), quarterly events, evening drinks and much more.
We’re all about inclusivity and making you feel like you belong. We are passionate about having an excellent culture with strong meaningful values so the biggest ask we have is for you to be your authentic self every day whilst doing a great job.