Receive New Job Alerts
Gousto is one of Europe’s best funded and fastest growing technology companies. Our business is recipe boxes and our opportunity is enormous - one billion meals are eaten in the UK every week! We’re just scratching the surface on our mission to help families enjoy good food.
Powering our business with cutting edge technology, we use data and tech to put customers first. Artificial intelligence drives everything we do, from the recipes customers see on our website, to how we put the boxes together. We’re proud of our industry-leading product and service, which helps our customer enjoy the good food, they want.
It’s an exciting time to join Gousto. We’ve secured £28 million more funding, launched even more product ranges and continue on our mission to help UK families serve up 400 million tasty and nutritious meals by 2025.
Join us on our hugely exciting and rewarding journey!
Operations Development Manager (Repack)
As we continue to expand our operation we are looking to hire an Operations Development Manager (Repack) to develop and execute our repacking strategy (processing bulk raw materials into consumer packs). You will report into the Head of Operations Development Strategy and will support the development of the overall strategy and also take the lead on tactical projects (repack) relating to new factory projects.
This is a critical role that will form a key part of the factory expansion programme and investment into new manufacturing facilities. To put this into context we are operating with two factories currently and with programmes in place to deliver two further factories in the next 12 months. We have ambitious plans to build significant capacity beyond this and you will play a key role in developing the capabilities, locations, timings and scale of repack for these factories.
The Operations Development team works closely with teams in operations, technology and proposition to come up with solutions to our biggest future capacity and operational opportunities. This role sits in the Operations Development team and is embedded in the Gousto supply tribe, to support cross functional collaboration.
- Ownership of the capacity strategy for repack - engaging with key stakeholders to develop and deploy strategy
- Develop repack capacity and demand model to understand short term (18 months) repack requirements and potential gaps with current capability
- Evaluate options for increasing repack capacity in the short term and work with other Gousto teams to implement
- Collaborate with the continuous improvement team to Identify and evaluate options for the future long-term model for repack including locations, scale, operating model and technologies
- Develop financial business cases (board papers) including costs, risks, benefits and develop recommendations to be approved by the Gousto leadership team
- Work with the buying team to evaluate opportunities to further optimise packaging formats from suppliers
- Work with the proposition team to identify and evaluate sustainability enhancements for repacked products
- Identify repack implementation plan and work with the head of capacity programmes and operations excellence to resource
- Continuously monitor repack performance to identify and evaluate further opportunities and risks
- Project management - scoping projects, creating and delivering project plans and engaging stakeholders in a matrix environment
- Experience in developing and testing hypotheses, scenario modelling and analytics to develop recommendations
- Experience of building operating models, writing reports and presentations to drive decisions with senior stakeholders
- Experience in managing and leading change programmes
- Great at building effective working relationships internally and externally
- Able to build and drive programme controls & governance such as risk / issue logs and periodic reporting
- Commercial awareness and able to prioritise between competing tasks quickly
- Experience working at pace in a fast growth, dynamic business environment
- Industry experience across FMCG/E-commerce/Consumer Goods will be an advantage!