Receive New Job Alerts
Gousto is one of Europe’s best funded and fastest growing technology companies. Our business is recipe boxes and our opportunity is enormous - one billion meals are eaten in the UK every week! We’re just scratching the surface on our mission to help families enjoy good food.
Powering our business with cutting edge technology, we use data and tech to put customers first. Artificial intelligence drives everything we do, from the recipes customers see on our website, to how we put the boxes together. We’re proud of our industry-leading product and service, which helps our customer enjoy the good food, they want.
It’s an exciting time to join Gousto. We’ve secured £28 million more funding, launched even more product ranges and continue on our mission to help UK families serve up 400 million tasty and nutritious meals by 2025.
Join us on our hugely exciting and rewarding journey!
Gousto has tripled in size in the last 24 months and we are now about to undertake our biggest ever programme of capacity expansion. To take our Operation to the next level, we are looking to hire a Head of Operations Development Strategy to lead the evaluation of future factory capacity requirements and capabilities.
This is a critical role that will lead the factory expansion programme and investment into new manufacturing facilities. To put this into context we are operating with two factories currently and with programmes in place to deliver two further factories in the next 12 months. You will be responsible for identifying the timing, locations, scale and capabilities of the future factory network.
If we are to truly become the nation’s most loved way to eat dinner then we must expand our network of factory capacity to deliver great food to more and more households. To ensure that we achieve this you will be responsible for:
- Identifying business critical operational insights and strategy that will shape the future for our business
- Developing a model to identify future capacity requirements that takes into account future demand, proposition enhancements and reduced cost per box
- Evaluating the business case for automation options to deploy into future and existing sites
- Collaborating with finance, operations and the proposition team to build business cases for new factories and other changes to our network
- Test scenarios and sensitivities to evaluate the boundaries of new factory business cases
- Working with the data and technology teams optimise the shape of the factory network to delight more customers, reduce costs and manage risks / business continuity
- Lead, with support from the capacity programmes team, post factory launch reviews to confirm achievement of approved business cases
As the Operations Development Strategy team grows you will provide leadership both to your direct reports and also to your peers:
- Lead the Operations Development managers to develop and implement recommendations including creating our long-term repack (processing bulk raw materials into consumer units) solution
- Provide matrix leadership through the ‘Heads of’ team and other functions
- Ability to create the strategic roadmap for our operations that encompasses ‘Think Big’
- Advanced analytics capabilities and comfortable with big data
- Experience in manufacturing / supply chain either in industry or consultancies
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and operational level. Credible and impactful both with senior operational and business leaders as well as on the shop floor
- Comfortable working with technology given the role has a big overlap with operational systems and tech teams including data science
- High commercial awareness and able to prioritise between competing tasks quickly
- Collaborative ability to work closely with and influence other senior leaders within the business and externally
- Ability to write compelling papers / business cases and articulate recommendations and analyses at C-level
- Experience of leading and shaping a growing team
- Organisation and time management skills
- Proactive & driven to succeed
- Experience working at pace in a fast growth, dynamic business environment
- Industry experience across FMCG/E-commerce/Consumer Goods will be an advantage!