Receive New Job Alerts
Gousto is one of Europe’s best funded and fastest growing technology companies. Our business is recipe boxes and our opportunity is enormous - one billion meals are eaten in the UK every week! We’re just scratching the surface on our mission to help families enjoy good food.
Powering our business with cutting edge technology, we use data and tech to put customers first. Artificial intelligence drives everything we do, from the recipes customers see on our website, to how we put the boxes together. We’re proud of our industry-leading product and service, which helps our customer enjoy the good food, they want.
It’s an exciting time to join Gousto. We’ve secured £28 million more funding, launched even more product ranges and continue on our mission to help UK families serve up 400 million tasty and nutritious meals by 2025.
Join us on our hugely exciting and rewarding journey!
Location: This role is based in our London HQ however we are open to remote / flexible working. We would also love this individual to visit our Fulfilment Centres on a monthly basis!
We are looking for a world-class people leader who will manage and lead our Learning and Development Team across our Head Office and Factory sites. Reporting to the Chief People Officer you will be leading a team of 12 (due to double in size this year) across our head office and factory operation, to provide a high level of support to the business and employees so we can continue to provide great employee experience as we scale. You’ll support our 1000+ employees in the design and delivery of the overall Talent Development strategy, providing internal leadership and management training.
To be successful in this role, you will be passionate about building an industry leading Learning and Development function, which delivers great benefits for both the business and our teams. You will have done similar in the past and be able to bring a toolbox of experience to build out this function.
- Act as a trusted learning and development partner by building relationships with the leaders and colleagues across our business.
- Directly and through your team deliver Leadership & Management training to all managers across our Head Office and Factory sites.
- Carry out training needs analysis and make recommendations based on findings.
- Provide L&D insight, facilitation and project leadership to enable the scaling of the business through hyper growth.
- Analyses trends and metrics as they apply to L&D, develop proactive plans & act upon them to further support business objectives.
- Improve current and develop future modules based on your findings from the above
- With your team, run and own company wide and in some cases functional development projects
- Work in partnership with our People Operations team and Senior leaders to scale the talent development offering as we grow in numbers and across multiple sites
- Use a variety of learning methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of learning.
- Launch and build out our LMS
- Work in collaboration with our People Ops function to drive engagement through initiatives which come from our Employee Engagement Survey.
- Own the training budget.
- Working closely with our Operations Leadership team you’ll provide direction to L&D managers and Shift Coaches who work with our factory colleagues to build effective and high performing teams in our fulfilment sites.
- Together with business leaders create a culture which is open and connected and which expects the highest standard of behaviour and ethical conduct throughout the business.
- You have natural charisma and an infectious enthusiasm for learning
- You make data driven, evidence-based decisions in a training and development environment.
- You are solutions orientated and have a bias for action.
- You live and breath the Gousto Ownership Principles
- You have considerable experience in leading progressive Learning and Development teams. Utilising the latest tools and industry knowledge to optimise the wider business through L&D.
- You’ll have a background in organisational development and change (desirable but not essential)
- You have leadership experience in high-growth fulfilment operations and/or you have a track record of improving people operations in a product-centric, digital company (desirable but not essential)
- You have experience delivering cross-functional change
- You have built and developed a world-class Learning and Development team that creates a tangible impact on our business and people
- You can define and deliver a vision, inspire a team, anticipate future needs and opportunities
- You’ve got significant experience in a similar role, particularly designing and executing management and leadership training
- You can deliver and coach your teams to deliver engaging training sessions
- You have strong project management and communication skills, you build lasting relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- You’re used to rolling up your sleeves and being in the weeds as well as operating at a more strategic level.