Receive New Job Alerts
Gousto is one of Europe’s best funded and fastest growing technology companies. Our business is recipe boxes and our opportunity is enormous - one billion meals are eaten in the UK every week! We’re just scratching the surface on our mission to help families enjoy good food.
Powering our business with cutting edge technology, we use data and tech to put customers first. Artificial intelligence drives everything we do, from the recipes customers see on our website, to how we put the boxes together. We’re proud of our industry-leading product and service, which helps our customer enjoy the good food, they want.
It’s an exciting time to join Gousto. We’ve secured £28 million more funding, launched even more product ranges and continue on our mission to help UK families serve up 400 million tasty and nutritious meals by 2025.
Join us on our hugely exciting and rewarding journey!
Role: Financial Controller, 4 – 6 month FTC
Location: London HQ
Here at Gousto we are looking for a Financial Controller to support our Financial Controls team on a temporary basis. We are looking for an experienced finance professional that can join us and hit the ground running, you will support and cover areas including tax, controls, month-end, audit, IFRS and statutory accounting to name a few. As well as manage a team of Financial Accountants & Senior Finance Analysts.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be comfortable working through ambiguity, happy leading an experienced team with the ability to build relationships quickly and have brilliant experience across Financial Controls. Reporting into the Head of Financial Controls & Accounting responsibilities and tasks will include;
- Completion of the year-end financial statements and audit
- Month end management accounts
- Making judgements on complex accounting areas (intangibles, exceptionals, leases etc)
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- VAT, Corporation Tax and R&D tax management, including development of tax strategy, preparing tax forecast models and liaising with external auditors
- Working with FP&A to update the Long term Incentive Plan
- Development of tax risk register
- Lead and manage a small team of Financial Accountants & Senior Finance Analyst
- Process development via automation and use of business intelligence tools
- Ad hoc projects such as chart of accounts development
- Risk management including the company’s insurance policy
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Significant and relevant PQE
- Ability to operate at a high-level whilst also being able to get your hands dirty in the detail
- Experience of Managing Financial Control teams
- Proven Financial Accounting and Reporting experience
- Strong Excel and system skills
- Excellent numerate and computer skills
- Analytical ability and logical approach
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Organisation and time management skills