Receive New Job Alerts
Gousto is one of Europe’s best funded and fastest growing technology companies. Our business is recipe boxes and our opportunity is enormous - one billion meals are eaten in the UK every week! We’re just scratching the surface on our mission to help families enjoy good food.
Powering our business with cutting edge technology, we use data and tech to put customers first. Artificial intelligence drives everything we do, from the recipes customers see on our website, to how we put the boxes together. We’re proud of our industry-leading product and service, which helps our customer enjoy the good food, they want.
It’s an exciting time to join Gousto. We’ve secured £28 million more funding, launched even more product ranges and continue on our mission to help UK families serve up 400 million tasty and nutritious meals by 2025.
Join us on our hugely exciting and rewarding journey!
Role: Category Buyer
Employment Type: 6 Month FTC
Location: London (Our London HQ is the primary location for this role however we are open to remote working as well as working at our Fulfilment Centre in Spalding)
We are looking for a Category Buyer to join us on a 6 month FTC to help us land key Commercial projects in our busiest year so far. Over the next 9 months we’ll be launching 2 additional fulfilment centres which require supplier engagement & planning.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer, product and supply chain; so you can source high quality ingredients at the best price
- Execute the category strategy alongside the Category Lead
- Ensure we have the latest insight into product quality and availability, allowing us to plan ahead
- Regularly visit our suppliers and conduct performance reviews
- Using your analytical skills build an understanding of true ‘cost to serve’ for each ingredient within your category
- Monitor supplier and new ingredient performance post launch to ensure we hit agreed targets and internal SLAs
- Build robust supply contingency plans with our suppliers, championing the Gousto customer & future growth
- Own cost price management, negotiating agreements that deliver our financial plan
- Assess supplier proposals against a balanced scorecard
- Work closely with Technical, Operations and Planning to ensure our ingredients arrive with the customer in optimal condition
- Where appropriate, own with Food proposition a sourcing calendar to maximise seasonal benefits, provenance and cost
- Continually evaluate customer communications with the Customer Care and Food development team to refine and optimise the ingredient catalogue
- Experience in food sourcing preferably ambient/grocery ingredients
- Delivered commercial results with outstanding quality
- A passion for interesting challenges and a desire to imagine and deliver a better way
- The ability to work efficiently, effectively and to drive change collaboratively
- Obsessed with Quality
- Deep commercial acumen
- Strong communication & relationship building skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organised and excited to work in a fast-paced environment
- Collaboration / stakeholder management skills
- Calm and considered when handling any issues
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension (after 3 months)
- Quarterly team socials
- Aviva GP and Aviva Wellbeing Aps
- Lifeworks (Employee Assistance Programme)
- ClassPass (from day 1)