Receive New Job Alerts
Gousto is one of Europe’s best funded and fastest growing technology companies. Our business is recipe boxes and our opportunity is enormous - one billion meals are eaten in the UK every week! We’re just scratching the surface on our mission to help families enjoy good food.
Powering our business with cutting edge technology, we use data and tech to put customers first. Artificial intelligence drives everything we do, from the recipes customers see on our website, to how we put the boxes together. We’re proud of our industry-leading product and service, which helps our customer enjoy the good food, they want.
It’s an exciting time to join Gousto. We’ve secured £28 million more funding, launched even more product ranges and continue on our mission to help UK families serve up 400 million tasty and nutritious meals by 2025.
Join us on our hugely exciting and rewarding journey!
We’re looking for Quality Assurance Supervisors to join our new site in Grays, Thurrock.
Shift Patterns 4 on 4 off
6am – 6pm (Days)
6pm – 6am (Nights)
- Planning and co-ordinating the work of the QA team to meet the requirements of the business will key in our busy environment. You'll be ensuring that all scheduled and ad hoc tasks are completed correctly and in a timely manner; ensure the QA team are kept up to date with all communication as appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate resource available by supporting QA Manager in managing QA Team rota, holidays and recruitment
- Support, motivate and inspire QA team to achieve personal development and continuous improvement. Carry out regular QA one to one meetings and scheduled reviews
- Manage QA activities to deliver improvement of technical KPI’s, using support and guidance from QA Manager
- Participate and direct QA team to observe and audit production processes and GMP standards, ensuring high-quality raw materials are used for the customer boxes and the customer boxes are packed as per agreed systems, reporting findings to managers as appropriate.
- Assist in delivery of site standards for the GMP audits and visits either through direct input, indirect support and/or organisation of QA team activities
- Co-ordinate non-conformance findings including actions taken and report to relevant department Managers / Supervisors ensuring completion of any required corrective actions within agreed timescales. Challenge recurring issues, find and recommend permanent solutions (with support of the QA Manager)
- Ensure clearance and cleardown are correctly carried out by production, support with those processes and ensure all done effectively
- Work pro-actively with production teams to understand that “visit” standard needs to be maintained each day and owned by the production team; support the promotion of a quality culture
- Help to develop the Quality Management System, by supporting the Technical System with creating new and updating existing procedures and documents
- Co-ordinate QA requirements for new raw materials, including shelf life reviews, transit trails and defrost trials (if required)
- Supervise the Pick Line Quality Controllers, making sure the job is being completed thoroughly, issues are resolved, evolving information capture, and generally driving replenishment and picking performance and OTIF improvement.
- Previous experience gained within a similar Quality Assurance management role within the Food industry
- Auditing experience
- Working knowledge of HACCP, BRC and GMP
- Ability to work cross-functionally, working in a collaborative way to drive improvement