Receive New Job Alerts
About Glanbia Performance Nutrition (GPN)
Glanbia is a global nutrition company, grounded in science and nature and dedicated to providing better nutrition for every step of life’s journey. The company takes pure and clean ingredients including milk, whey, and grains and using expert knowledge and capabilities produces high quality nutritional ingredients and branded consumer products for customers and consumers worldwide.
Glanbia Performance Nutrition is a wholly owned subsidiary of Glanbia headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois. GPN manufactures and markets the full range of performance nutrition products including protein, pre-workout, muscle gainers, and general health. Products are sold through a variety of channels including specialty retail, the internet, and gyms in a variety of formats including powders, bars, and Ready-to-Drink beverages. GPN has a global and expanding footprint with a current in-market presence in 24 countries.
This opportunity is to join the Contract Commercial Team. The Contract business has grown rapidly over the last number of years through working with most of the major SN brands in Europe, we are now looking to recruit a strong Sales Manager, covering the UK, to secure future growth with both existing customers and new customers. The UK Sales Manager is responsible for managing key accounts, maintaining long term relationships with accounts and maximising sales opportunities.
- Developing new customers and existing clients to increase market penetration in the UK.
- Play a full and active part in defining commercial proposals for customers.
- Reach and exceed sales targets for nutritional bars and ready to mix nutrition.
- Effectively manage a portfolio of key accounts ensuring revenue targets are reached and customer’s relationships are built.
- Maintain regular positive contact with all customers.
- Develop new business according to clear growth plan and KPI’s set.
- Prepare forecasts and budgets for on-going and new business customers.
- Attend appropriate Trade Fairs as required to generate leads and build relationships.
- Responsible for the development and achievement of sales through the direct sales channels.
- Write business plans for all current and opportunity tender business.
- Act as a key interface between the customer and all relevant divisions within Glanbia Performance Nutrition.
- A track record of experience in sales within a Branded FMCG or Food Ingredients sector, preferably in the sports nutrition area or has a passion for nutrition/sport.
- Target focused with a track record of achieving and exceeding targets set.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with strength in spotting opportunities within the market.
- Strong relationship building skills, with a track record of building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers.
- Professional communication skills with the ability to connect with the customer in the most appropriate way.
- Excellent presentation skills with a confidence of presenting to audiences at all levels.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Self-starter with the capability of working alone.
- Good IT literacy with knowledge of MS office.
- Strong work ethic – with a focus on delivering outstanding results.
- The ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- The opportunity to advance your career in a dynamic organisation that is expanding globally and is at the forefront of the healthy lifestyle macro trend
- The ability to work as part of a young fast moving team based in London and expanding quickly
- Other benefits to include; pension and an employee discount on all GPN products
- International career opportunities as part of a truly global organisation
Key Challenges & Success Measures
- Identifying new opportunities.
- Launching new projects with existing customers.
- Project management of new project launch process.
- Growing the existing customers and achieving set targets.
- Working within a KPI framework.
- Working across functions and building key relationships.
- Ability to build and balance a diverse customer base.