Receive New Job Alerts
Redefining fitness through immersive technologies and prove that exercise is for everyone.
We create immersive fitness games that provide real-world benefits. Our professionally designed workouts make fitness fun. They combine the enjoyment of gaming with the intensity of a personal training session, all in the comfort of your own home.
Our first product, BoxVR, has been described as ‘Guitar Hero crossed with a studio boxing workout’.
Many users are calling it the best fitness game on the market and it has been awarded "VR Fitness Game of the Year". BoxVR is currently one of the top selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores.
As a Senior Software Engineer at FitXR, you will be responsible for developing major game components and systems as well as solving unique and challenging technical problems. You will collaborate closely with other development team members to create innovate fitness games and platform to transform the fitness gaming genre. As you will play a critical role in developing games and the platform, you will need exceptional knowledge and skills in many different aspects of game and technology development.
This is a permanent position based at our studio in South Bank, London, a 10-minute walk from London Waterloo and London Blackfriars with the option for remote work.
- Help us implement and improve core gameplay features of our existing games.
- Rapidly prototype new game concepts.
- Work closely with other development team members to design, prototype, and implement new gameplay features.
- Help with development planning including identifying technical risks/issues and coming up with solutions to overcome them.
- Contribute to the development of tools and technology.
- Strong code and graphics optimisation knowledge.
- Experience in code interface design.
- Skilled in documenting and communicating complex design ideas.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable games development experience on PC, console, and mobile titles. Proven track record of successful releases.
- Demonstrable experience with Unity.
- Experience working on projects from initial conception through to delivery.
- Experience with PlasticSCM is an added plus.
Desired Skills and Experience: Having any one of them is an added plus
- Experience in developing VR games.
- Experience with Steam API and PSN.
- Flexible office hours (core working hours typically 10-4)
- Six monthly pay reviews in line with market banding
- Stock options
- Brand new equipment and VR headset
- Health insurance (Vitality life plan)
- Unlimited leave policy, (we encourage a minimum of 30 days)
- Annual travel pass & Cycle to work scheme
- Learning budget powered by Learnerbly
- Health and wellbeing annual budget
- Bi-annual offsite and regular get-togethers
- A great team of talented individuals who love what we do
Salary: Dependant on experience