Receive New Job Alerts
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
FARFETCH is the leading global technology platform for the luxury fashion industry. Founded in 2007 by José Neves for the love of fashion, and launched in 2008, FARFETCH began as an e-commerce marketplace for luxury boutiques around the world. As of 31st December 2019, the FARFETCH Marketplace connects customers in over 190 countries with items from more than 50 countries and over 1,200 of the world’s best brands, boutiques and department stores, delivering a truly unique shopping experience and access to the most extensive selection of luxury on a single platform.
FARFETCH’s additional businesses include FARFETCH Platform Solutions, which services enterprise clients with e-commerce and technology capabilities; Browns and Stadium Goods, which offer luxury products to consumers; and New Guards, a platform for the development of global fashion brands. FARFETCH also invests in innovations such as its Store of the Future augmented retail solution, and develops key technologies, business solutions, and services for the luxury fashion industry.
Senior Internal Controls Specialist – 6 Month FTC
You will have responsibility for planning and undertaking internal audit assignments, ad-hoc special projects and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance activities. The Internal Control and Audit Specialist must establish strong working relationships with business and finance management & process owners. Additionally, the Internal Control and Audit Senior Specialist will support other special projects to ensure the company has implemented effective internal controls. This highly visible role will interface with management on a multi-functional and multi-regional level.
- Assist the Senior Manager in the development of testing approaches for assigned projects to ensure all key business risks and controls are evaluated
- Participate and, in some instances lead internal audits and control reviews evaluating the adequacy (both design and operating effectiveness) of controls for Farfetch business units and key business processes, including process mapping key financial cycles
- Complete internal controls test procedures, communicating findings noted from the reviews to the Senior Manager and evaluating and reporting on any identified control deficiencies SOX planning, testing and reporting on occasions you may be asked to review the work of the Internal Control and Audit Specialists
- Execute quarterly control assessments and reporting
- Support remediation of control deficiencies together with the process owners
- Interact successfully with management, team members, business partners and regulators some business travel will be required, mainly to Porto but also further afield as the business continues to grow
- Qualified Accountant (ACA or equivalent) or Internal Auditor (IIA) or actively studying to attain such a qualification.
- Up to 2 years experience working in an internal audit and/or a SOX background
- You can demonstrate solid experience of flowcharting, documentation and process mapping
- You have excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills and are comfortable working both in a team and on your own
- You are a highly motivated and organized self-starter, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management within the company and across different cultures
- You have a naturally inquisitive, assertive and tenacious character but you are also pragmatic
- You take responsibility for the quality, completeness, efficiency and accuracy of your work, you can manage your time effectively to meet deadlines