Receive New Job Alerts
Our mission is to build extraordinary products that improve women’s lives.It's a fascinating and challenging area to be addressing as it requires all our employees to stretch themselves and solve problems that no-one's tackled before. That's why we’re looking for skilled, curious individuals who want to grow by surrounding themselves with a diverse array of outstanding people.
- Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen the pelvic floor via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Our street cred includes more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious CES Innovation Award, IDA Design Award and Red Dot Award.
- Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent wearable breast pump, which is making it possible for new mothers to pump anytime, anywhere. Elvie Pump received international praise, and is now exposed on London Design Museum and won the 2019 “wearable design of the year' category in the Dezeen awards.
- As a business, Elvie has received more than 30 awards (including a prestigious Red Dot design award), was named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and Business Insider, ranked as the 13th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential people shaping british technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags.
- In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B from IPGL, Octopus Ventures and Impact Ventures, bringing the total raised thus far to over $50 million. Our Series B represented the largest ever fundraise in Femtech. This new round of financing will accelerate Elvie’s research and development efforts, as well as help grow brand awareness and distribution.
At Elvie, we are building a centralised business intelligence team under our broader Finance department. This team will provide insight through standardised reporting and analysis, drive one source of truth thinking, and improve the efficiency of getting information. You will have the exciting opportunity to be the first engineer on this team, allowing you the creativity and power to make an impact and shape our structures. We need a passionate and dynamic analyst who thrives in a fast paced and continually evolving environment.
You should be able to understand the needs and KPIs of cross-functional teams, such as Operations, Finance, Sales, Marketing, HR, and Customer Care. You have experience integrating multiple data sources and mapping connectors to allow for systems communication. You can interpret large data sets and provide analysis and reflections to drive success. You are organised and willing to take on multiple roles when necessary. We need someone who has experience setting up data structures, complex integrations, and implementing data quality management. You know how to quickly problem-solve and can adapt to conflicting priorities. You are excited by the prospect of coding and developing a new business intelligence structure within a rapidly growing business.
You will work under our Business Intelligence Lead within the Finance team at Elvie. This role is an exciting opportunity to build something from the ground up: a centralised business intelligence function responsible for data visualisations and insights, KPI tracking, data quality management, and efficiency and capacity building. This role is pivotal to our growth plans, as you will be responsible for scoping our data integration and working to create 1 source of truth at the company. You will provide data driven direction that allows us to scale, including directing where changes in data capture are needed in order to pull sustainable insights. You will need to be adaptable and find innovative ways to meet the demands of wider stakeholders.
Data Quality and Reporting (up to 50%)
- Design and build sets of reports to meet the needs of the key stakeholders within Finance, Operations, Marketing, Sales, Customer Care, and HR
- Collaborate with the BI Lead to devise and maintain an accurate performance metric dashboard for the Exec team
- Provide weekly and monthly management reports to analyse the performance against key business plan metrics and help predict future trends
- Document, review and develop data capture processes at all levels of the business, whilst monitoring the quality and integrity of the data
- Be an advocate for data driven decision making
- Work with the BI Lead to enable timely execution of all reporting dashboards, ensuring that trends in patterns are reviewed and processes are optimised/automated where possible
- Assist in the management and maintenance of master data (such as region, product category, and channel fields) in the ERP platform and other related software programmes
Data Engineering (50%+ of time)
- Own and manage source data models: design processes, views and procedures that are in line with the BI team’s mission and Elvie’s brand
- Provide data expertise to support strategic requirements definition and translation, including driving the delivery and management of new data inputs
- Design and maintain testing requirements for new systems to enable multi-way communication (this may include using iPaaS connectors, connecting ERP to
- BI tools or connecting a data warehouse to Netsuite)
- Upload and update data sources where automation or live connection is not yet available
- Ensure supporting data is maintained and BI team performance is tracked: KPIs include value added, timelines met, number of data sources and reports delivered
- Write and document SOPs to uphold transparency and enable effective onboarding of future BI team members
- Determine capacity requirements for reporting and analytical tools based on future demand and business use, in collaboration with other teams at Elvie
- At least 3 years experience in a BI, data engineering, or analyst role
- Experience setting up and improving data warehouse management systems
- Proficient in Netsuite or similar ERP system
- Advanced skills with Visualisation tools, Tableau preferable
- Knowledge of SQL and using third party integrations such as ODBC/iPaaS connectors
- Experience with Alteryx and Celigo highly desirable
- Use of Amazon Seller Central, Avercast, B2B Gateway, Salesforce beneficial
- Highly creative and solutions-oriented, experience with agile project management desirable
- Excellent attention to detail
We are looking after you. As well as the chance to develop products with real work impact and working with dedicated and passionate colleagues, our benefits have flexibility and wellbeing in mind with
- Flexible work environment built on trust and autonomy
- Employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Annual personal development allowance & unlimited access to our learning & development platform
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme with SmartPension
- A tax-efficient charity donation scheme
- Life Insurance with Yulife
- Medical, Dental & Optical cash-plan
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Generous employee referral program
- Cycle Scheme & Tech Scheme
- YuLife Well-being app & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year