Receive New Job Alerts
Our mission is to build extraordinary products that improve women’s lives.It's a fascinating and challenging area to be addressing as it requires all our employees to stretch themselves and solve problems that no-one's tackled before. That's why we’re looking for skilled, curious individuals who want to grow by surrounding themselves with a diverse array of outstanding people.
- Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen the pelvic floor via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Our street cred includes more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious CES Innovation Award, IDA Design Award and Red Dot Award.
- Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent wearable breast pump, which is making it possible for new mothers to pump anytime, anywhere. Elvie Pump received international praise, and is now exposed on London Design Museum and won the 2019 “wearable design of the year' category in the Dezeen awards.
- As a business, Elvie has received more than 30 awards (including a prestigious Red Dot design award), was named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and Business Insider, ranked as the 13th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential people shaping british technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags.
- In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B from IPGL, Octopus Ventures and Impact Ventures, bringing the total raised thus far to over $50 million. Our Series B represented the largest ever fundraise in Femtech. This new round of financing will accelerate Elvie’s research and development efforts, as well as help grow brand awareness and distribution.
We are looking for a technology scout / research engineer to inform the development of new and existing products. You are a problem solver with a passion for engineering, technology and keeping abreast of the latest developments across multiple themes and topics. You also have a feel for what is in the technology pipeline and identify promising technologies that will solve tomorrow’s problems.
- You are not afraid of open-ended problems and are able to articulate a problem statement into manageable steps. You have developed or experienced a robust process to identify the right technology for the job and keep track of its readiness level.
- You are curious about how things work and are able to develop system models (Mechanical / fluid dynamics / thermal / acoustics / optics) to replicate the underlying physics (analytical or numerical) and evaluate new technologies in the virtual world before moving onto demonstrators. You can code for modelling or analysis (Matlab / Python) and are aware of numerical solutions (FEA / CFD).
- You have demonstrated practical skills in designing and making technology demonstrators as well as associated test rigs / measurement capabilities.
- You are able to communicate clearly complex information (solution / phenomena / technologies) to a varied and wide audience. Your passion for finding a solution is as great as for sharing information.
- You have a network in academia and have participated in collaborative projects (EPSRC / Horizon 2020 / Innovate UK).
- You are excited about working closely and collaboratively with Product managers, Hardware and Software engineers, Data scientists, Designers and Researchers.
- You are able to anticipate possible issues during research activities and take considered actions to avoid them, ensuring that projects remain on track.
- Working closely with NPI designers, Product Managers and Researchers to define a pipeline of new technologies that will feed into our product roadmap.
- Triggering activity at the right point in time to support a pipeline of new product ideas and creating and developing technology roadmaps for new categories and products.
- Owning and championing the technology readiness level review process.
- Identifying and assessing new technologies aiming to develop demonstrators to illustrate the usage of these technologies (working closely with designers, data scientists and engineers).
- Developing methodologies to rigorously assess these technologies - primarily focussing on key risk areas
- Keeping abreast of interesting collaborative projects and calls and promoting Elvie as a key partner.
- Communicating findings and risks to the wider team.
- Working closely with the Product Researchers to spot areas of potential for innovative solutions to the problems uncovered in the research process.
- Collaborate with Product Researchers to design studies that test potential new technologies with real people, in real environments.
Based in our new Bristol R&D centre and reporting into Research Lead. Some travel between our Bristol and London facilities will be expected from time to time along with international travel as and when projects require it.
- A demonstrable ability for identifying new and emerging technologies and forecasting meaningful applications for them.
- A demonstrable record of your insights being followed through into the launch of successful products.
- A breadth of knowledge across many of the disciplines involved in engineering.
- A great communicator, passionate about doing the right thing.
- Ability to set aside ego and work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary product team.
- Willingness to travel between UK offices (London and Bristol) as and when needed to manage the research activity you are accountable for.
- Willingness to travel internationally if need arises.
- Be passionate about women health and all things technology
- Experience conducting research with Medical Devices, or a highly regulated industry may be an advantage but not a necessity
Note: you must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Founded by women's health expert Tania Boler and tech entrepreneur Alex Asseily, Elvie is a collection of bright and motivated team members working across the business to shape the emerging femtech industry.
We are passionate about creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and dismantling the taboos around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world, while learning a great deal and having fun.
What are some of the perks of working at Elvie?
We are looking after you. As well as the chance to develop products with real work impact and working with dedicated and passionate colleagues, our benefits have flexibility and wellbeing in mind with:
- Great work environment - regular company socials, free daily snacks
- Flexible work environment built on trust and autonomy
- Enjoy employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Generous employee referral program
- Cycle Scheme & Tech Scheme
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme with SmartPension
- Life Insurance with Yulife
- Medical, Dental & Optical cash-plan with WPA
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- YuLife Well-being app & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year