Receive New Job Alerts
About Ella’s Kitchen
Ella’s Kitchen was set up by Paul Lindley to promote healthy eating amongst babies and young children. We’re a highly entrepreneurial and values driven company which has achieved impressive growth to over £80m turnover, with a team of 80 employees based at Ella’s Barn near Henley. Our baby and toddler food pouches can be found in key retailers across the UK as well as the Scandinavian and BeNeLux markets. We are a brand recognised for its high-quality ingredients and ethical credentials which are visible throughout our supply chain and in our social and charity work. Ella’s is part of the Hain Celestial group and we are very proud to be an accredited B’Corps and included in the Sunday Times Best Companies top 100 list for the last 5 years.
Already having achieved rapid growth to date, Ella’s is about to embark on an exciting new phase of development, to bring out more ranges of products and reach a wider international audience. With an ambitious growth target, we are looking for a talented person to join our Good Stuff We Do team for 9-12 months maternity cover working full time Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
You will be joining a team who meet personal and business challenges with hard work and a smile. They not only see things as they are and ask why - but see things that never were and ask why not.
At Ella’s Kitchen, we are guided by our values; they set the tone of our culture and we look out for newbies who will be a natural fit to our values and complement and contribute to our business.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and experienced Logistics Coordinator to work in our Clockwork (Operations) Team. You will be joining a team of people who meet personal and business challenges with hard work and a smile. They not only see things as they are and ask why – but see things that never were and ask why not.
Purpose of role
Supporting the Clockwork (Operations) team to deliver their strategy by delivering our products to the right place, at the right time in the right quantity and help support our numerous business functions in the management and co-ordination of varied projects to support Ella’s growth + development.
- UK order management – Receiving and processing our daily orders using SAP. Demand sensing orders and ensuring orders meet our commercial agreements. Ensuring correct orders are raised by our warehouses and stock is despatched. Monitor out of stocks and proactively communicate with customers, whilst building strong relationships with our retailer partners.
- International order management – Ensuring orders are raised in accordance with commercial agreements. Managing orders to provide the most efficient despatch solutions and providing required export documentation. Work closely with the International sales team to continually drive process improvement.
- Logistics Partners – develop a collaborative working relationship with our logistics partners to ensure they are operating to the required standards through close monitoring of KPI data. Support the Logistics Manager in continuous improvement plans.
- Sales team - work closely with the Deals (Sales) team to ensure we are aligned on demand and stock positions highlighting abnormal demand. Provide weekly service level updates for customers.
- Claims management – work closely with our logistics partners and the Sums (Finance) team to investigate and resolve delivery related invoicing claims received from our customers.
- Support the development and launch of new products by representing the logistics team on projects
- Operations Support – offering adhoc support within the Clockwork (Operations) team to ensure we deliver the teams objectives
NB There might be a little bit of travel in this role, every now and again, up north to our warehousing partner.
- Experience of working in logistics and order processing within an FMCG environment with a real passion for operations and willingness to throw yourself into a varied and busy role
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organisational skills
- Sound IT skills including experience of an order processing system such as SAP and strong MS office skills e.g. Excel (pivot tables + lookups)
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise within daily timescales
- Ability to build strong relationships to get things done and resolve issues across the business and with suppliers and customers
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Passion and determination to succeed
- Knowledge and/or experience of production planning would be useful
- Demonstrable ability to live and breathe our values: We Want to Win, We’re Business Minded, We’re Childlike, We Think Differently, We’re Good to Each Other
- Bucket loads of training and development, supporting your career pathway
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- A Box of Treats, including private medical, dental, pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday and the ability to buy more, high street discounts, amazing wellbeing events, Give It A Go days… to name but a few!
- A really awesome place to come to work… our beautiful Barns in the Oxfordshire countryside