Receive New Job Alerts
About Ella’s Kitchen
Ella’s Kitchen was set up by Paul Lindley to promote healthy eating amongst babies and young children. We’re a highly entrepreneurial and values driven company which has achieved impressive growth to over £80m turnover, with a team of 80 employees based at Ella’s Barn near Henley. Our baby and toddler food pouches can be found in key retailers across the UK as well as the Scandinavian and BeNeLux markets. We are a brand recognised for its high-quality ingredients and ethical credentials which are visible throughout our supply chain and in our social and charity work. Ella’s is part of the Hain Celestial group and we are very proud to be an accredited B’Corps and included in the Sunday Times Best Companies top 100 list for the last 5 years.
Already having achieved rapid growth to date, Ella’s is about to embark on an exciting new phase of development, to bring out more ranges of products and reach a wider international audience. With an ambitious growth target, we are looking for a talented person to join our Good Stuff We Do team for 9-12 months maternity cover working full time Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
You will be joining a team who meet personal and business challenges with hard work and a smile. They not only see things as they are and ask why - but see things that never were and ask why not.
At Ella’s Kitchen, we are guided by our values; they set the tone of our culture and we look out for newbies who will be a natural fit to our values and complement and contribute to our business.
As part of the Clockwork (Operations) team you will be instrumental in delivering the Clockwork strategy by setting up and managing the commercial relationships with our partners and working with our internal Ella’s teams. You will ensure we have right relationship; productions plans and agreements for the right stock to be in the right place at the right time and work on reducing costs whilst maximising availability, efficiency and profitability.
- Establish relationships with new co-manufacturers to extend our product portfolio.
- Develop strong working relationships with contract manufacturers and influence them to ensure that we get the best outcome for Ella’s whilst still living our values.
- Ensure we have the right agreements in place to align Ella’s production requirements with manufacturing capacity and availability of raw materials and to ensure we are holding the right amount of stock.
- Agree co-manufacturing terms and conditions using our Special terms, Heads of Terms and Ways of Working agreements. This will include agreeing pricing, MOQs, volumes and overcoming any production hurdles by thinking differently with the partners.
- Manage production requirements, and confirm forecast and production orders to Ella’s manufacturers, to ensure we are holding the right amount of stock. This includes aligning Ella’s production requirements with manufacturing capacity, availability of raw materials, and retailer demand fluctuations.
- Complete the operational responsibilities for project teams in charge of delivering the new products.
- Track and report on manufacturer KPIs and find ways to drive improvement collaboratively.
- Day to day problem solving.
- Work collaboratively across Ella’s functional business teams to ensure clarity, accuracy and consistency of information flow in and out of your area of responsibility.
- Live the Ella's values and engage our supply chain partners in the brand.
- Experience of buying contract manufacturing capacity, ideally in an FMCG/food environment.
- Production planning or stock replenishment experience ideally gained within an FMCG/food environment.
- Proven track record of success in similar roles.
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills.
- Passion and determination to succeed with excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability and willingness to communicate at all levels and provide support in a range of activities and tasks.
- Real strength in using MS Excel, with top-notch numeracy skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Aptitude and drive for problem solving, and ability to think differently when finding solutions.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills including the ability to prioritise.
- European languages would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable ability to live and breathe our values: We Want to Win, We’re Business Minded, We’re Childlike, We Think Differently, We’re Good to Each Other.
- Bucket loads of training and development, supporting your career pathway
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- A Box of Treats, including private medical, dental, pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday and the ability to buy more, high street discounts, amazing wellbeing events, Give It A Go days… to name but a few!
- A really awesome place to come to work every day… our beautiful Barns in the Oxfordshire countryside