About Deliciously Ella
Our brand has 3 simple values: Live better. Be useful. Make veggies cool.
What started of as a blog by Ella to help herself live better has grown into an app, recipe books, supermarket products and a deli - all with these 3 values at the heart of everything.
Our deli is the home of what we do and somewhere we want people from all walks of life to feel welcome and experience the joys of eating tasty vegetables. Located just off Oxford Street means it can get very busy at times but we like to keep the atmosphere upbeat and vibrant! Our upstairs area is bright and airy with an open kitchen, beautiful deli counter and a big sharing table. And our comfy basement seating is often a cosy spot to sit and work or catch up with friends over a coffee.
We are looking for a head barista to run our coffee section. You will have a passion for coffee and strive to deliver the best drink each and every time. You will share our brand values and have the right mind set and work ethic to be able to pull together as a team on some very busy days. Equally, you’ll be motivated to put your effort and enthusiasm into your role and make every customer feel special in quiet times too.
As part of a small business, we want our whole team to treat the deli as their own and really take ownership of their roles. We would love for you to treat the coffee section as your own mini business, gaining an awareness of the costs and logistics behind it, and feel free to offer any ideas for improvements that you have. We will offer plenty of opportunity for growth and development in return.
Experience as a supervisor or with the back of house admin is not necessary but you must be willing to give 100% effort to learn it, be well organised, efficient and confident enough to lead your peers when working in your section.
Our team is our second family and it’s very important that we love coming to work and can rely on each other.
- Providing super friendly and welcoming, but also efficient customer service every time.
- Ensuring the coffee area is well organised and tidy at all times.
- Always have full knowledge of the menu and any special offers and promotions.
- Developing seasonal drinks recipe and working with managers and suppliers to implement the menu changes.
- Training new staff members and ensuring all standards are met consistently.
- Attend all staff meetings and training sessions as requested by manager.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including food hygiene and health and safety.
- Daily orders and approving invoices.
- Weekly stock takes.
- Barista experience essential but not necessary to have worked with plant-based milks before.
- Would be ideal to have experience a a supervisor/team leader. If not, you must be able to demonstrate the necessary skills to lead the section. Must have a passion for serving great coffee, attention to detail and love to chat to customers!
- Full time needed
- £9.00 p/hour starting wage, then £10.00 after probation.
- Daily meals and drinks on shift.
- Shift runs until 8pm at the latest (except if events or training are on). You would usually be on the morning shift which run until 4pm.
- Flexible rota in relation to requesting certain days off and booking holidays.
- Opportunity to get involved with events held at the deli.
- Opportunity for development in several areas of the business if interested - we're always on the look out for interesting training!
- Working for a brand that places values before profit.
- We are members of the Sustainable Restaurant Association and always working to improve our impact.
Incredible team who get on like family!