About Deliciously Ella
Our brand has 3 simple values: Live better. Be useful. Make veggies cool.
What started of as a blog by Ella to help herself live better has grown into an app, recipe books, supermarket products and a deli - all with these 3 values at the heart of everything.
Our deli is the home of what we do and somewhere we want people from all walks of life to feel welcome and experience the joys of eating tasty vegetables. Located just off Oxford Street means it can get very busy at times but we like to keep the atmosphere upbeat and vibrant! Our upstairs area is bright and airy with an open kitchen, beautiful deli counter and a big sharing table. And our comfy basement seating is often a cosy spot to sit and work or catch up with friends over a coffee.
We want our customers to be wowed by our beautiful deli counter as soon as they walk through the door and continue to be wowed once they taste the food. As one of our chefs you will put all your heart into making sure our dishes look and taste amazing every time. We change our menu monthly and there is plenty of opportunity to get involved in the creative process.
You will share our brand values and have the right mind set and work ethic to be able to pull together as a team on some very busy days. Equally, you’ll be motivated to put your effort and enthusiasm into your role during in quiet times too.
As part of a small team, it is very important that you are willing to be flexible and adaptable in your role. We want our whole team to treat the deli as their own and really take ownership. We will offer plenty of opportunity for growth and development in return.
Our team is our second family and it’s very important that we love coming to work and can rely on each other.
- Preparing all dishes to recipe card specs provided and ensuring they are ready within the time frame set for breakfast and lunch.
- Placing daily food orders for the kitchen when on duty.
- Ensure all food deliveries are put away as per procedure.
- Organising of the stock held in the kitchen, monitoring date labels and ensuring you notify manager of any stock running low in advance.
- To ensure that mise en place is completed in your section.
- Assisting with weekly stock counts.
- Ensure all cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- Keeping the kitchen in good order at all times, ensuring all equipment is functioning properly and notifying manager if it is not.
- To adhere to the company’s Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and Environmental policies.
- To ensure minimum kitchen wastage and an understanding of how to control.
- To understand daily departmental costs and how they influence profit and loss results.
- To gain an understanding of food costing, sales mix and menu planning.
- To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required.
- Previous experience in a restaurant or cafe is essential (not necessary to be in a plant-based establishment)
- Daily meals and drinks on shift
- Shift runs until 7.30pm at the latest (except if events on)
- Flexible rota in relation to requesting certain days off and booking holidays
- Opportunity to get involved with events held at the deli
- Opportunity for development in several areas of the business if interested - we're always on the look out for interesting training!
- Working for a brand that places values before profit
- We are members of the Sustainable Restaurant Association and always working to improve our impact
- Incredible team who get on like family!
- Salary dependent on experience and level of responsibility taken on in the role