Receive New Job Alerts
Calm is a leading global health and wellness brand with the #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation. The company is on a mission to make the world happier and healthier. With hundreds of hours of original audio content, the Calm app helps users cope with some of the most important mental health issues of the modern age including anxiety, stress and insomnia. Apple’s 2017 iPhone App of the Year and Inc’s 19th fastest growing company boasts over 60 million downloads to date, averaging 75,000 new users daily. It is the #1 app for mental fitness. Our mission is to make the world happier and healthier by developing a range of digital and physical products that enhance mental fitness and alleviate some of the most important mental health issues of the modern age (anxiety, depression, insomnia and stress). Mental Fitness is fast becoming the new Physical Fitness, and we believe a huge global brand will be built in this space. Our vision is to build Calm into one of the most valuable and meaningful brands of the 21st Century - “The Nike of the Mind.” Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
As a member of the User Acquisition team, you will get the chance to directly contribute to Growth at Calm. We are a small, hungry and humble team that looks for innovative ways to bring new users into the Calm App and to Calm.com. In UA, we merge creative thinking and quantitative strategy to drive consumer growth across the App, Web and Offline Marketing channels. We are always looking for new opportunities to scale and grow. We value a can-do attitude, data-driven decision-making, high EQ, cross-team collaboration, resourcefulness, and curiosity.
About the Role:
The key responsibility of the Marketing Ops Manager would be to inform media buying strategy by analyzing performance data to set goals and budgets. Additionally, the new team member would ensure Calm has the highest quality UA dashboards and data to optimize campaigns and general buying strategy. In order to accomplish this, the Marketing Ops Manager would work cross-functionally with other teams such as Data Science, Data Eng, Finance etc to align on reporting and other UA initiatives and ensure UA goals are supported across the Calm.
- Manage Growth Marketing initiatives as a portfolio at a high level to help identify the most efficient opportunities across channels and geos
- Partner with Media Buyers to develop and communicate clear execution strategies, budgets (if constrained), cost per trial and cost per purchase targets, etc
- Partner with Data Science/Eng teams to automate spend ingestion and reporting flow for monthly internal reporting
- Build and maintain reporting in Tableau for UA Buyers to democratize data and improve optimization efficiency
- Help QA and sign off on Data initiatives and infrastructure changes impacting UA BI tables
- Partner with Product teams, Partnership teams, etc to identify and communicate growth marketing opportunities in larger business strategy
- Partner with Content Team to identify royalties costs etc to build an internal database to better track advertising spend associated with celebrity talent
- Liaise with Media Buyers and Creative Ops to manage invoice approvals
- Partner with finance team to tie out UA figures across invoicing and UI reporting spend for internal and external reporting
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Strong quantitative skills
- Proficiency in BI software including but not limited to Excel, Tableau or Mode
- Project management, ability to juggle multiple aspects of a project at once
- Proactive. Will follow up when things don’t get resolved
- Enthusiasm and passion for quality
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!