Receive New Job Alerts
Let's get this out of the way and answer everyone's first question: It's pronounced ban-DEER. In 2014, Jennifer Bandier asked herself, "Why can’t I find the best selection of fashionable activewear all in one place?". To find her answer, she did what any woman would do if she wants something done right—she did it herself. Sure, curating the market’s best and most fashionable activewear into one premium collection of 50-plus brands is a big job, but someone has to do it.
From bootcamp to brunch plans, your active lifestyle is as dynamic as you are—and it's about time your clothes kept up. That's where we come in. We've been devoted to redefining the way women shop activewear since day one—and we do it all with every #BANDIERgirl in mind.
HOW, you ask?
We Scour The Market:
We don’t mess around when it comes to bringing you the best. Even if a brand is hiding under a rock in Australia, it’s our job to find it—Jenn's orders. And once we do, we work closely with our brands to develop BANDIER- exclusive styles that we know will fit into every aspect of your active lifestyle.
We Wear Test Everything:
Sure, a shiny new pair of leggings can talk the talk, but that doesn’t mean they’re not flimsy—or worse, see-through. That’s why we wear test everything. Yep, everything. Nothing gets the BANDIER stamp of until we've actually walked a mile in your shoes (or joggers or sports bras).
We Move One Beat Ahead:
Launching the first premium multi-brand activewear retailer in 2014 was just the beginning. In 2016, we founded Studio B—the first boutique fitness studio of its kind. In 2017, we launched four private brands—some of the first in the activewear market to offer extended sizing up to XXL.
As the Associate Planner at BANDIER, you will be responsible for open to buy planning and analysis, inventory management, and performance reporting for ecommerce and retail stores. Reporting directly to our Senior Planner, the Associate Planner will help drive our team’s success by providing insight and analysis into detailed planning KPIs. We are looking for a detail oriented, analytical team player who will work closely with the Merchandising, Digital, Marketing, Retail and Finance teams to achieve our aggressive growth goals for 2021 and beyond.
- Develop and maintain annual, seasonal, and monthly merchandise plans for multiple product categories, vendors, and skus
- Manage the financial success of the business by meeting sales goals and maintaining healthy inventory levels
- Recap and analyze actual sales results vs plan and forecast in-season sales and inventory on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Partner with our Allocator to evaluate store performance levels and review sales, manage inventory, evaluate store performance in relation to company trend, and ensure distributions reflect performance and trend
- Quantify in-season risks and opportunities and make recommendations to merchant team and management to drive results
- Manage core assortment and receipt flow to ensure proper stock levels by size
- Reforecast business for monthly open to buy based on current performance, present revised projections and recommendations to cross functional partners and senior leadership
- Assist with analysis of size selling and regional selling trends
- Create pricing strategies that maximize sales and gross profit
- Assist in developing effective promotional strategies to optimize inventory productivity and maintain healthy turns
- Determine liquidation strategies as needed
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis for management as needed
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with cross functional team members
- A credible partner within the team; able to build strong relationships with peers in IT, Finance, Merchandising, Marketing and Retail
- You have a flexible mindset, able to work productively in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Just as flexible and adaptive to changing priorities; ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- A strong communicator with even stronger listening skills
- An analytical, critical thinker who is comfortable questioning prior decisions, assumptions and methodologies if the expected results do not materialize as previously projected
- Bachelor’s degree, business/finance/buying/planning degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of retail apparel planning and inventory management experience
- Able to present complex financial information and concepts in an easy-to-understand format
- Solid understanding of financial measurements including: sales, gross margin, inventory turn, ST%, weeks of supply and how to impact them
- Expertise in retail math and OTB planning
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter telling us more about you to: [email protected] with the subject line (Your Name) - Planner
Bandier is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to diversity and equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.