ARTAH’s transformative health retreats are designed to reset your mind, reconnect to your body, and help you reach a peak state of health. Our intensive programmes are grounded in the principles of functional medicine and nutrition, and combine fitness, plant-based nutrition and supportive treatments to ensure you achieve results and create sustainable life changes.The state of your health determines the way you live your life, and ARTAH was created to embody this notion – to allow individuals to be happier, healthier, and achieve more through the creation of optimal health.
We are looking for an Executive Chef to run the kitchen and create the menus for ARTAH’s 2020 season. We are looking for someone creative, who is passionate about health and food as medicine. The chef will work alongside ARTAH’s founder, Rhian Stephenson, to create a nutritionally-focused menu that delivers as much on taste, texture and flavour as it does on health. During retreat weeks, the chef will oversee and execute all covers to ensure a smooth operation at each meal with assistance from a sous-chef depending on the number of guests. The role will go far beyond running the kitchen; he or she will build relationships with local producers, ensuring a true farm to table experience, and contribute recipes and content to the UK team to share with the ARTAH community. The Executive Chef will play a significant role in the growth, development and shaping of the ARTAH experience in 2020 and will be responsible for creating a best-in-class culinary experience for our guests.
ARTAH was founded by Rhian Stephenson – Nutritionist, Naturopath and CEO of Psycle London. Born out of her passion for health and energy, Rhian’s vision was to create a sanctuary where people could nourish the body, clear the mind and uncover a new level of health. Combining over a decade of clinical experience with her wealth of knowledge from the fitness world, ARTAH is a modern retreat that provides guests with a challenging, invigorating experience that is truly transformative.
- Responsible for co-development of retreat cuisine
- Full execution of retreat menus during season (ARTAH menus are slightly calorie restricted & plant based)
- Sourcing of ingredients
- Responsible for co-creation of recipes to supplement at home programs and follow ups
- Responsible for writing recipes and calorie count in full and sharing with ARTAH HQ in advance of retreat weeks
- Responsible for development of recipes with Rhian Stephenson for ARTAH ebooks, resources and books in off season
- Workshops & demonstration for clients during retreat weeks
- Responsible for delivery of cuisine for corporate retreats & private retreats
- Must be trained in vegan/healthy cuisine
- Must have passion for detoxification, health & nutrition
- Skilled at plating & food styling
- Confident in recipe development
- Must speak English fluently. A good command of Spanish is welcomed
- Interested in health, fitness and wellness
- Must be able to start 1st March 2020
- Accommodation and car provided
- Travel expenses to and from Spain covered
- All food & drink on retreat provided
- Full time or seasonal role (depending on experience)