Receive New Job Alerts
Founded in 2016 by food-lovers and serial entrepreneurs JP and Alex, allplants is an award-winning planet-positive food brand and VC-backed B-Corp with over 100 employees on a mission to build Earth’s most forward-thinking food company, operating out of Blackhorse Road, London.
Eating plants is the most impactful way to reduce your environmental footprint, so our mission is to inspire the next billion plant-powered people, combining exciting flavours and luxe convenience. We’ve already served over 900,000 meals to homes all over the UK, subscribing for an easier way to enjoy plant-based living. Our plans for 2020 and beyond are as exciting as they are delicious - with big growth plans involving both new products and new distribution.
The mission for the Head of People is to make allplants an exceptional place to work: owning People processes, identifying and working through the most important change projects, developing our leaders and building out the People team in line with growth.
Business Partnering & People Ops
- Be a trusted advisor to leaders and colleagues and drive excellence through the basics:
- Advise and mentor managers on developing their teams, building capability and identifying talent
- Lead on people planning and skills gap assessments - ensuring the right people in the right roles at the right time
- Ensure we are compliant on all aspects of employment law and be the company’s go-to person on all Employee Relations issues across our multifaceted
- Kitchen, Operations and HQ teams (with support from external legal partners as required)
- Manage our people data - we use CharlieHR as our HRIS
- Drive an engaging and people first onboarding experience
- Ensure all processes & policies are documented and rolled out as required
Performance & Development
- Develop a team that thrives and grows through our career progression processes, tools and systems including:
- Review & improve our performance management, compensation and reward processes
- Build a learning and development system including career planning and leadership development
- Encourage a culture of ongoing and continuous feedback across the business through these processes
- Lead talent acquisition to ensure we are adding exceptional talent to our team:
- Build an internal recruitment function to drive the direct recruitment of 30 new HQ hires and 60 Kitchen hires in the next 12 months
- Create an approach to recruitment that builds our employee brand and enables us to recruit top talent throughout allplants
- With the whole people team, and managers across the business, help us to further embed our unique culture, to drive growth and improve engagement and the employee experience:
- Ensure our values are embedded throughout the employee experience
- Support employee wellness through policy, comms and initiatives
- Take proactive steps to ensure that allplants continues to be an inclusive employer who reaps the rewards of a diverse team.
- Facilitate and look to improve all engagement strategies, including, feeding results back to leaders and playing a key role in action planning
- Ensure our head office scales with our growth and is a physical manifestation of our culture, values and mission
- You have experience leading People Ops and Culture in high growth organisations
- You have worked with a group of managers to help them develop their skills and the processes they need to perform well for their teams.
- You have demonstrable experience of designing and delivering successful change programmes
- You have the foresight and judgment to identify and address employee and structural issues before they impact business performance
- You are an approachable and empathetic people person with the ability to see the human side of working in a People role
- You feel confident working in a fast-paced environment. Experience of the speed, dynamism and resource constraints of a similar startup environment is ideal
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities (written and oral); skilled in communicating with diverse settings, both 1:1 and in large groups.
- You are confident in employment law and have played a central role in handling employee relations
- You’re proactive and able to balance your workload between inbound requests from the business and finding time to build for the future
- You relish the idea of self-learning and personal development
- You have experience working with senior leaders and people of all levels
- You are excited about our brand and care about allplants’ mission to inspire the planet to eat more plants, creating a better world for people and the planet (this does NOT mean you have to be vegan or vegetarian - just check out website!)
The qualifications and experiences above are a guide and we’d still love to hear from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
- Be part of a growing b-corp startup and help shape the future of food
- 32 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays)
- 10 weeks of full pay for maternity/paternity leave
- Employer contributions to your pension plan
- We all have a meaningful bit of allplants that we own
- Healthy food and lunches every day at HQ and lots of allplants tastings (!) from our exceptional in-house chef and development teams
- Quarterly socials (we love a good party!) and weekly staff-led activities (football club, netball league and PT sessions in the park)
- Listed as Escape The City’s and Rocket List's top companies to work for
- A free monthly tasting delivery of allplants for everyone to taste what's cooking!